The Aim SmartyCam HD (Rev 2.1) HD Onboard Video Camera has been designed for Motorsports with a single purpose providing great videos that include all the technical information that will help you improve your performance. This version is suitable for closed cockpit / touring cars or closed roof sports prototype cars. For single seaters / open cockpit installations, please see the SmartyCam GP HD Bullet Camera.
This is the most robust and reliable system ever, as Smartycam is designed to withstand extreme on-track working conditions.
In its new version, the electronics/mechanics have been further improved, and SmartyCam HD is now even easier to manage.
The AIM SmartyCam HD (Rev 2.1) Onboard Video Camera offers a professional on-board camera for Motorsport, offering excellent video quality in 1280p x 720p resolution that can be linked to your AIM data logger. We think the video looks fantastic on these units and you often see them installed in professional GTE / LMP class cars in International Motorsport.
This is the self contained and ready to go (Rev 2.1) version, an ideal camera for track days or Motorbikes. Available in 67 or 84 (Wide Angle) camera versions.
The H.264 1280×720 pixel @ 30 fps HD camera will overlay track map, car position, speed and lap times over the on-board video. If it’s connected to an AIM data logger you can add even more information including, RPM, throttle, gear and much more.
The layout of the SmartyCam HD is easily setup through the simple Race Studio 3 software. You can even add your own logo to be represented on the final video output.
The camera will automatically start and stop, using it’s GPS to know when the car is moving.
What’s in the box?
– SmartyCam HD Onboard Video Camera
– 4 Gb HC10 SD card
– CAN cable (3) or external power cable
– Battery charger
– USB/AC power adapter
– CD for software installation
Smartycam HD (Rev 2.1) – Competitive Adavantages
– Real Time Data Overlayed on Videos
– SmartyCam HD overlays all the data you need from different sources.
– Race Studio 3, your software for video configuration and analysis
– Automatic Start and Stop
– Automatic On/Off Switch
– “No “”Wave Effect”” with the new CMOS Sensor and improved video quality”
– The Global Shutter CMOS Sensor
– Proprietary Lenses Designed for Motorsport
– Video format: H.264 1280×720 pixel @ 30 fps
– Display resolution: 128×128 pixel
– Lens: Telecentric with 6 elements
– Angle of view: 67° or 84°
– Internal battery: Rechargeable lithium battery – 1.950 mAh
– Battery charge: 700 mAh 12V
– Battery duration: 120 ‘- 150’ of recording
– External power: 9-15 Volt
– Memory: Up to 128 Gb
– Memory capability: 1.5 Gb (1 hour low quality recording)2 Gb (1 hour medium quality recording)4 Gb (1 hour high quality recording)
– Accelerometer: Tri-axial ± 5G
– Usage temperatures: -10°C/+60°C
– Auto Power ON: Yes, if connected to an AiM logger
– Auto Power OFF: Yes
– Auto Start/Stop Recording: Yes
– Dimensions: 87x63x49 mm
– Weight: 280 g, battery included
– Waterproof: IP67